Recent comments

• roundedRect with specific rounded corners   4 years 40 weeks ago

Thanks!

I did this by changing numerical values in the original roundedRect code, but this is simpler than my method.

Tim

• IE8: Invalid Argument, Line 256, char 15   4 years 40 weeks ago

Look at your DOCTYPE and DOCTYPE of test page....

• Gradient direction specification   4 years 41 weeks ago

area.ctx.fillStyle = grad;
    this.action.paint(area);
    area.ctx.fill();
    }
    });

• Ie6 canvas moved to the right   4 years 41 weeks ago

Answering my own question .. by a very dirty workaround that I can not explain .. it just works
    in liquid-canvas.js (~220)

function checkResize(container, force) {
    var $container = $(container);
    var data = $container.data('liquid-canvas');
    if (!data) return;
    var canvas = data.canvas;
    var $canvas = $(canvas);
    var w = $container.outerWidth();
    var h = $container.outerHeight();

if (force ||
    canvas.width != w || canvas.height != h ||
    canvas.offsetTop != container.offsetTop || canvas.offsetLeft != container.offsetLeft) {
    pollCounter = 100;

nl= container.offsetLeft-2*w;

if (!(/MSIE 6/.test(navigator.userAgent)))
    $canvas.css({ left: container.offsetLeft + "px", top: container.offsetTop + "px" });
    else
    $canvas.css({ left: nl + "px", top: container.offsetTop + "px",width:2*w+"px" });
    }
    if (!(/MSIE 6/.test(navigator.userAgent)))
    canvas.width = w;
    else
    canvas.width = 2*w;

canvas.height = h;
    var area = new Area(canvas);
    area.save();
    data.paint(area);
    area.restore();
    }

• Drupal Development and Deployment using Git   4 years 43 weeks ago

You can take SQL dump and commit that to the repository. You may want to exclude at least cache_*, watchdog, and sessions tables from the dump.

BTW, there's a typo in the Apache config section. It says
    AuthUserFile /var/git/sever-repo.gitusers
    when it should be
    AuthUserFile /var/git/server-repo.gitusers

• JavaScript Inheritance via Prototypes and Closures   4 years 44 weeks ago

Yes, just form a closure around an anonymous hash. That will give you properly scoped class statics. Consider enclosing the constructor using the "with" statement... "with ({})"

• Nested Canvas-es Do not render correctly   4 years 46 weeks ago

Thank you very much for the excellent and useful subject.

• Liquid Canvas Version 0.1 Out Now   4 years 48 weeks ago

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of presentation.

• Liquid Canvas Version 0.1 Out Now   4 years 48 weeks ago

Thank you very much. Exactly I needed this information.

• Liquid Canvas Version 0.1 Out Now   4 years 48 weeks ago

I wouldn¡¯t comment on posts but I felt that I had to as your writing style is really good. You have broken down a difficult area so that it easy to understand. I think that you would enjoy reading what another good blogger has to say on the subject.

• timed_fragment_cache on Rails 2.1   4 years 48 weeks ago

This now at least fulfills the "flag" function that the variable had, in order to let the cached version of the feed be shown. The results of this -- the feed, can be seen in the right side-bar of my site that I mentioned above.

• Border not completely rendered in IE 7   4 years 50 weeks ago

I had this problem, or at least one that sounds similar: in ie7 my corners would render, but not the straight parts of the borders. They were fine in firefox, safari, and chrome.

I noticed that I had put the border-rendering script inside the div it was trying to border. On a whim, I moved the script outside the div (beneath it). Bingo, problem disappeared. I'm far too lazy to figure out why.

• timed_fragment_cache on Rails 2.1   4 years 50 weeks ago

Do you know how could I explicit expire this cache?

There are some situations that I cant wait for it timeout.
    Im trying expiring it from another controller using the expire_fragment :key, but it isn't working.

Thanks

• Nested Canvas-es Do not render correctly   4 years 51 weeks ago

I have the same problem, but no one on this side seems to have an answer ....

• Nested Canvas-es Do not render correctly   5 years 4 days ago

I have a div element with a gradient background and am trying to add a button (also with a gradient background) into the div. Using FireFox and Safari, I have no problem, but when using IE 8, nested elements do not render correctly. I have included excanvas but IE is still a problem. Any fixes?

• Apache Virtual Hosts: A Clean Setup for (PHP-)Developers   5 years 6 days ago

Great work! :)

Two small notes:

1. suexec-custom (not suexec-common) configuration file is in /etc/apache2/suexec/www-data

2. php5.fcgi must be executed as a program chomod +x or check appropriate box in file properties

• Broken in IE7   5 years 1 week ago

Had this exact same problem using v0.3 and after a couple of hours of javascript hacking to try and force the width, noticed my opening 'if IE' conditional comment was missing a closing bracket around the call for excanvas.js. I put that in and worked great after that.

Check to make sure excanvas is actually loading!

• different borders   5 years 1 week ago

Hey I have been having real problems with ShadedBorder, Dojo, and IE. I have found Liquid Canvas to be less of a problem, but I really would love to "to make different borders or only borders on Top and Left" as the poster above needs. I may look into it myself when I get the time though.

• Integrating zenphoto into WordPress   5 years 1 week ago

[...] This tutorial is already from 2006 but still applicable: http://www.ruzee.com/blog/2006/06/integrating-zenphoto-into-wordpress [...]

• Not covering the whole div   5 years 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I have faced the same issue and fixed it by replacing the orginal height of 2048px by 100%.

Here is a patch file showing the change:

--- shadedborder.js.orig Mon Nov 09 22:32:03 2009
    +++ shadedborder.js Wed Nov 11 11:46:57 2009
    @@ -152,7 +152,7 @@
    function mid(mw) {
    var ds = [];

- ds.push('<div style="position:relative; top:' + (th+bh) + 'px; height:2048px; ' +
    + ds.push('<div style="position:relative; top:' + (th+bh) + 'px; height: 100%; ' +
    ' margin:0 ' + (rw-r-cx) + 'px 0 ' + (lw-r-cx) + 'px; ' +
    ' padding:0; overflow:hidden;' +
    ' background-position:0 ' + (th > 0 ? -(r+cy+cs) : '0') + 'px;"' +

• Shadow options   5 years 2 weeks ago

Is there a way to control the direction of the shadow? It only seems to go straight down when I increase the shift. If there is no option then it would be a great one to implement.

• Integrating zenphoto into WordPress   5 years 3 weeks ago

[...] his October 2006 post 'Integrating zenphoto into WordPress', Steffen Rusitschka described a simple method he used to match his Zenphoto theme to his WordPress [...]

• Hover-effect on six boxes   5 years 4 weeks ago

$(".boxred").liquidCanvas("[shadow fill{color:rgba(127,127,127,1)}] => roundedRect{radius:20}");

$(".boxred").hover(function()
    { $(this).liquidCanvas("[shadow fill{color:rgba(255,0,0,1)}] => roundedRect{radius:20}"); },
    function() {
    $(this).liquidCanvas("[shadow fill{color:rgba(127,127,127,1)}] => roundedRect{radius:20}");
    });

• Using rsnapshot for File and Database Backups   5 years 4 weeks ago

this is great.i have used some other options for DB backup but this seems to be the best method.impressive.
    desk chairs

• using a alpha transparent background   5 years 4 weeks ago

The only resolve is to use Ruzee's liquid canvas... it uses colors and blends between them...

Shaded borders works best with hard color..... but the auto coloring of the corners doesn't work too well over an image.

Liquid canvas does...